How Rose-Hulman Ventures Works
- Clients and project managers
together define a solid project scope that
accelerates the company’s technical and business
needs while engaging
student interns in the technical development.
- Each member of the student team signs a
non-disclosure agreement prior to employment.
- Clients work closely with the student teams and
project manager on the technical development and
project status. Interaction with the teams is
- Project managers lead teams of academically
talented students who have proven success in
developing cutting-edge, innovative products and
services for medical, industrial and information
- Student interns apply their engineering skills in
the context of real-world projects and are exposed
to the unstructured technical, business and
financial issues surrounding the project that
influence their technical work and decisions. They
receive unique and valuable educational experiences
while clients benefit from the resources of one of
the finest engineering institutions in the country.
- The projects are truly multidisciplinary. We
leverage expertise from any combination of
Rose-Hulman’s academic programs
including faculty and staff.
- Project delivery takes many forms. It can be a
prototype used in a trade show to potential new
customers. It can be a prototype that directly moves
into the commercial production phase.
- The flexibility of the program allows a project to
begin at any time. We are not restricted by an
For more information, read the
- The services we offer focus on concept generation,
prototyping, design, or testing. Fees
are based on the scope of work required to complete
the project work.