Want to find out what we can do for you?
We take you where you need to be
We love helping our client partners turn great ideas into game-changing reality. We especially excel at projects that let us imagine and create innovative solutions while overcoming difficult challenges.
Our expertise includes software development, mobile app design, rapid prototyping, new product development, and more. What ties everything together is our love of innovating and helping you reach your goals.
Capabilities / Facility
- Fast-paced proof of concept development
- New product development
- System-level prototyping
- Creative problem-solving
- High-level design concepts
- Troubleshoot complex systems
- Develop electro-mechanical and electro-pneumatic systems
- Test and measurement systems
- Forecasting development issues
Software projects have become a leading focus of what we offer, from mobile app development to sophisticated automation to cyber security enhancement.
Our software expertise includes:
- Operating Systems/Environments: Microsoft Windows7/8, Linux, iOS, Android, Amazon EC2, HyperV, VirtualBox, IIS, Apache, Lighttpd, nginx
- Frameworks: iOS, .NET, Silverlight, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Python/Cyclone/Tornado, PHP, jQuery, Crystal Reports, QT, Ajax, Sencha ExtJS
- Hardware Integration: Serial (RS232), CAN, iOS (via RedPark, BLE, WiFi), Firewire, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, Bluetooth low energy, USB
- Computer Vision: OpenCV, Object detection measurement, Hough transforms
- Database systems: MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, noSQL, MongoDB, CoreData, SQLite
- Tools: Visual Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator, Xcode
- Revision control: Subversion, Git, Mercurial, TFS
- Standards: HL7, J1939, CAN, CSV, JSON, ISO14229, ISO15765, XCP/CCP, ISO
- Mobile: push notifications, Sencha, Corona, Amazon SNS
- Project Management and Bug Tracking: Redmine, Trac, Pivotal, TFS
- Payment engines: Paypal
- Function user interface design/implementation
- Automated testing: Selenium, Jenkins, nUnit
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, CruiseControl.NET
Some of our specific software skills include:
- Mobile iOS applications – UI design, integration with hardware, push notifications, integration with server backend
- Backend server design – Python/Cyclone or C#.NET with JSON/REST interface, database design/implementation
- Desktop windows applications – C# with windows forms/WPF, hardware interface, UI design
- Mobile Android applications – UI design, integration with hardware, integration with server backend
- Computer vision – object recognition measurement
- Automated testing – automated web testing using Selenium, Jenkins, nUnit
Our electrical engineering expertise runs the gamut from embedded software microprocessors to AC motors and robotic systems.
Our electrical engineering capabilities include:
Industrial General Design:
- Power supply design, ranging from low-power/highly efficient systems (battery operated consumer devices) to mid-range power supply designs (motor driving systems).
- Motion control systems, such as AC motors, BLDC motors, linear actuators, and robotic systems.
- Communication protocols, both developing custom protocols and interfacing with industry-standard or propriety protocols.
- Instrumentation systems (thermal sensors, system load feedback, etc.).
Circuit Board Design
- Expertise in developing sophisticated electrical designs encompassing high-speed processing, multiple peripheral devices, as well as some working knowledge of incorporating wireless communication systems.
- Experience in developing electrical systems suitable for UL and CE approval.
- Experience in hardware design refreshing – taking an old design and modernizing components, increasing robustness, reducing cost, and ensuring a design remains commercially viable.
- Expertise in developing on a multitude of microcontroller platforms, ranging from 8-bit microcontrollers to 32-bit microprocessors, in C, C++, and assembly language. Microcontroller families used in the past: Microchip PIC12/16/18, Atmel AVR, ARM7/9, TI MSP430, Intel 8051.
- Expertise in interfacing with a variety of peripherals such as user display technologies (LCD, LED, OLED, simple character displays, touchscreens, etc.), communication interfaces (CAN, EIA-232/422/485, USB1.1/2.0), external drivers for motion/temperature control
- Expertise in embedded operating system development (custom 8-bit microcontroller OS), and embedded operating system integration (custom embedded Linux distributions complete with a modified Linux kernel for custom hardware).
- Working knowledge of application development on PLCs using ladder logic.
Software–Application Level Development:
- Expertise in developing Windows applications for data acquisition and control of external hardware (custom hardware designs and commercially available products). Development of these applications is typically in C, C++, or C#.
- Working knowledge of software frameworks such as QT, GTK, Cocoa, and Windows application development.
- Working knowledge of developing web-accessible applications in PHP and C#.
- Heavy equipment to HO train sets.
- Circuit board assembly as small as 0.040×0.020 in.
- Integrated circuits with lead spacing as small as 0.020 in.
General Electronics Design:
- Electronic test system design and implementation
- RF testing and design
- Printed circuit board design
- Skilled with OrCAD Capture and Editor
- Skilled in programing languages Ansi C, Assembly, Visual Basic, LabVIEW
We bring decades of experience to our mechanical engineering projects plus the latest rapid prototyping technology, cutting edge facilities and out-of-the-box thinking.
Our Prototyping and Fabrication Mechanical Engineering Expertise Includes:
- SolidWorks model rendering
- Finite element analysis
- Stress analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Working Model 2D motion
- Proficiency in 3D printing
- Waterjet cutting
- Welding (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW)
- Laser welding
- Plastic part design
- Injection molding
- Blow molding
- Rotational molding